Monday 7 May 2012

K.F.C JEDDAH:

A stone's throw from my place is the carrefour mall which houses a KFC outlet in its limited food court. There isnt much to say about the store except  that its counter is noticeably clean and shiny and the food preparation area looks very orderly. Since I was hungry I ordered the dinner meal which is composed of 3 pieces of chicken, a hefty serving of fries, a bun, a cup of coleslaw and soft drink for 15 SR. It was served almost right away. I resisted the urge to devour the chicken with its tempting smell and started with the fries instead. I dont want sloppy froes thats why. I like KFC's fries because they are almost alwats freshly cooked. Now the chicken. What I dont particularly like abouit KFC chicken is the skin. Its not crispy at all. For a huge lover of crispy skin, this one's a letdown. The spicy variant however is crunchy but unfoortunately, I am not much of a fan of spicy chicken. Also, the ketchup for the dip is boring. They shuold concoct something different like gravy, perhaps? On the positive side, I llike how their chicken tastes. It is juicy to the bite and is cooked through the bones. Their so-called original recipe offers a distinct blend of herbs and spices and leaves something good to the taste buds. KFC coleslaw is a favourite. its neither too dry nor too watery. The balance of sweet and sour taste is just perfect. However, it is worth nothing that there were times where I got a cup of coleslaw that was a bit dry. Either it was wrongly prepared or had been in the fridge for way too long. If the dinner meal wasnt enuogh, I ordered a slice of their Chocolate Cake. Im a bit choosy when it comes to chocolate cake but i like KFC's. It is moist just the way I like it and stasted really chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment